Goal of CCWB
"CCWB is charged with responsibility for the full realization of the rights of the children of Nepal by ensuring and enabling the State and civil society of Nepal to meet its obligations towards children to promote and protect their Rights progressively as per the CRC standard”
- To strive for the incorporation of child rights issues into the mainstream development programs for the best interest of children.
- To take the lead role to influence and ensure that the programming of the government line ministries for children are done with the spirit of the CRC Principles and Provision and build up co-ordination and an environment of working together for children of Nepal in their planning and practical implementation.
- To ensure the formulation of Annual Plan Of Action (POA) and five Years plan on the Rights of Children and Child Development following the Principles and Provisions of CRC
- To ensure that the national policies and legal provisions are reviewed and formulated for improving the situation of children's rights according to the spirit of CRC.
- To establish National Resource Center on child rights and Data Bank on children.
- To enhance and strengthen institutional capabilities and technical skills of CCWB itself and ALL 75 DCWBs for promotion, protection and monitoring of CRC in Nepal to improve the life status of its children.
- To promote Children's Participation and Citizenship Rights and child friendly development programs for the best interest of children.
- To influence and ensure that the National Plan of actions (NPoAs) achieves the declared goals of the promotion and protection of the rights of children in crisis e.g. child laborer, trafficked children, Children in Armed conflict, discriminated and marginalized groups of children (disabled, Dalits etc) children's Education and Health, so on and so forth.
- To mobilize and explore the available and potential resources at all levels, from family to state, for undertaking programs for children to ensure the progress of social changes / positive attitudes around the child's environment
- To bring together and form a Network of the organizations working for children, e.g., UN agencies, bilateral and Multilateral agencies/donors, INGOs, NGOs to address the challenges to meet children's rights in a coordinated and collaborative manner to usher POSITIVE CHANGE in the lives of children.
- To promote/ensure Child Rights Based Approach in all programming for children in the state to realize their rights.
- Be a national level focal point on the children's issues.
- Develop Child Rights Monitoring Mechanism.
- Develop National level Resource Center on children.
- Advocate Children's issues in all the levels.
- Coordination between concerned line agencies, civil society, international communities and others.
- Strengthen and mobilize the DCWBs for the implementation of children' s program in local level.
- Promotion of child rights.
- Create consciousness to formulate national policies and priorities concerning children.
- Mainstream the children's issues in all the development projects.
Focusing on the “WHOLE CHILD” with the principle in mind that the rights are Indivisible and ensure that the program in Nepal for children aged 0-18 years. It is also to mobilize various I/NGOs and government agencies in program work i.e. planning and program implementation particularly to address the issues of the children holistically.
- Education, Health and overall development of a child
- Children's participation, citizenship rights and governance
- Exploitation and Abuse including corporal punishment at home, at schools, at working place, etc
- Child in crisis/ difficult circumstances
- Children who are marginalized, discriminated and deprived of their basic rights
- Enhancing Institutional capabilities of the child rights institutions
- Poverty and children
- Sensitizing the duty bearers at all levels, from family to state, and enable them to fulfill their obligations and responsibilities towards children
- Empower children to claim their rights and utilize the opportunities to enjoy their rights
It is important to dig out the ROOT Causes of the deprivation and violation of children's rights to bring in the sustainable solutions to the issues concerning children to bring positive social changes and to improve the quality of children's rights in Nepal.
It is a must to:
- Influence the policy and legislation
- Influence the attitude and mind sets of the duty bearers /stakeholders to sensitize and mobilize them to fulfill their responsibilities and obligations towards children
- Practical Action for children at the grass roots